Friday, April 8, 2011

Old Friends, Good times!

We could not have had a more beautiful day yesterday! Amy [Boggs] Folks, a friend of mine from college, came to visit with her 1 1/2 year old daughter, Alex. They live in King George, VA and made the 4 1/2 hour trek to my house for a few days of reconnecting. I'm SO glad they came. It was wonderful to meet Alex and she was so attentive to "baby" (William), always bringing him his cup and paci. Sweet girly.
We went to Pandapas Pond Thursday morning and it was just perfect. The sun was shining, the ducks were playing, people fishing, and I got some sun on my arms!


Aren't we funny?! Matchy-matchy! Haha.
After the pond, both of our our kids (Ahh! we have kids!) fell asleep in the car and we were like, "Well, we don't want to wake them up... so, let's drive to Roanoke!" And we did. We parked and went to Mill Mountain Coffee, got iced lattes and fed Will his lunch. The Market area was open and we walked around checking out the vendors and poking our heads into some of the shops.
Knowing we had a 45min trip home we went to an open space and let Alex run around in hopes that they would both chill on the way home.




All-in-all a very fun day and a great time with Amy and Alex. Thanks for coming guys! I know, I know, now it's my turn to come see you. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment